For whatever reason, you’ve decided to remove and replace the trim in your home. While this may seem like a daunting task at first, there are some tools and tricks that will help you to complete the job quickly. If you use the right tools, it will even look like it was done by a professional. Tools that will help you do a stellar job include miter saws and compressors.
Steps for a professional DIY trim renovation:
- Carefully remove the old trim. Use a utility knife to gently score the length of the trim where it meets the wall. Then use a putty knife to loosen the finishing nails. Once they are loose, gently pull the trim off the wall. Doing this will allow the drywall to remain unharmed during your renovation.
- Measure the walls to calculate the lengths of trim you will need to cut. Use your miter saw to cut your new trim to the desired lengths. Pay attention to any angled cuts that you may need to make. You can use the old trim pieces as a reference point for angled cuts.
- Take out your finish nail gun. Make a choice from the compressors available. You will want one that meets the requirements for your finish nail gun. Read all instructions on both pieces of equipment before using them.
- Follow the instructions for loading the finish nail gun and connecting it to the compressor. Have someone hold the trim on the wall in position, and then use your nail gun to attach it to the wall. Follow any safety precautions to avoid harm.
- Once all of the trim is attached, fill in any small nail holes with caulk. Allow to dry, and then paint as desired.
Thanks to the miter saws and compressors, you now have beautiful new trim in your home. The tools made it more cost-effective and less time-consuming. If you find yourself in need of miter saws, compressors or other tools for DIY projects, contact us at Eagle Rentals, and we will help you to get the tools you need to get the job done efficiently.