Tile is such a beautiful textile and is incredibly popular for use in bathrooms. It is also very durable and easy to keep clean. Remodeling a bathroom can be a lot of work, and it can also be very expensive. Most people hesitate to do too much work in the bathroom because they prefer using tile, but don’t have experience working with it.
You’ll need to know how to use a tile saw so you can cut tile to fit specific spaces. Here are a few basic skills that will help you master using a tile saw:
- Start by finding a sturdy table or a space on the floor where you can set up the tile saw.
- As always, read all warnings and wear appropriate personal protection.
- Tile is most likely to break at the edges, so when you’re starting and stopping, move the tile through the blade carefully.
- Make marks on the actual tile before cutting it.
- Use precise measurements so these puzzle pieces will fit perfectly together when you’re actually laying the tile work.
- Keep scrap wood that can help you with feeding tile through the blade, protecting your fingers.
A great way to visually see what you should be doing is to watch a few online tutorials that will walk you through the different parts of the tile saw and how to use it.
Although using a tile saw may seem overwhelming, just use these simple tips to get started on your own bathroom remodel. Of course, call a professional if you feel uncomfortable with some of the work, but you’ll also gain confidence with these materials as you practice.